Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Devotional Handbook

Passage

"In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the
Power and the glory forever. Amen."

Matthew 6:9-13 (NKJV)

Pondering

This morning I awoke with a dream clearly etched on my consciousness. In the dream the Lord came to me with a handbook and gave it to me. He said that I should write in it a devotional guide that was to be a pocket companion to the Bible for people to have a meaningful devotional life.

Immediately I went to my Desktop computer and started typing down an outline as inspired by the Lord. I felt the Lord was asking me to use the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) as an outline and then seven "P"s came quickly to me as a working framework for the Devotional Handbook.

1. Praise (Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.).
2. Perspective (Your kingdom come.).
3. Petition (Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.).
4. Provision (Give us this day our daily bread. ).
5. Purging (And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.).
6. Protection (And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.)
7. Proclamation (For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.).

This is a wonderful guide for an intimate, meaningful relationship with the Lord. I will spend time making this Handbook for use in my Church and the Church worldwide.

Poem

The Master gave us a pattern prayer of power.
The least we can do is spend at least one hour,
Delving into the crystal clear waters of intimacy,
The deeper we go in Him the further we'll see.

Prayer

"Our Father, you are so awesome and worthy to bow down before and worship with all my heart. Draw me deeper into this glorious relationship you give so freely to me. So unworthy as I am, but I can enter into a dynamic relationship with you through the blood of Your dear Son Jesus. Truly Lord, I ask you would take me by the hand and lead me on in this prayer journey day by day. Teach me Lord to pray. Amen"

No comments: